dreamflint.com    thedcd.com       .:.::..:.:|:.:...::.|:.::...:..:.::::..:.:.:.:..:|    
~DcD~ - Experience Gaming @ Its Best
DcD
Change DcD's Colors!
DcD
LiquidSilver | Home | News | Features | Forums | Previews | Reviews | Media | Downloads | Releases | Codes |
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:00 am 
Staff
Staff

I just returned from the veterinarian where I had my 3 year old dog Whitney put to sleep. I can't believe it. Just this morning she was tearing around the house, wagging her tail, begging for treats. This afternoon she seemed a little lethargic, her tail drooping between her legs. But she was walking around and I wasn't too concerned. I figured whatever it was, she'd sleep it off and be better in the morning. Well at about 7:00 this evening, I noticed her walking around unsteadily and she collapsed in front of the couch. I tried calling her name, tickling her ear, but she wouldn't respond. Just lay with her eyes half shut. The only way I knew she was breathing was to hold my hand in front of her nose. And her extremities, her paws felt very cold. I put her in my car and raced to the nearest emergency clinic. The vet was at a loss to figure out what was wrong with her. Her jaws were locked shut. He told me it would be cruelty to even keep her alive and run tests on her. I had no alternative but to have her humanely euthanized. I don't understand it. There's nothing in the house or yard she could have picked up and been poisoned with. She didn't chew on things. Way past that stage at 3 years old. And my other dog seems fine, no worries from her. So my world has just been rocked, life just opened another can of whoop-ass on me. A bright happy dog taken from this life in the space of just a few hours. One I had raised from a puppy, one of the sweetest and lovingest dogs I'd ever had. Not a mean bone in her body. Life can be so rotten. Everything good is always taken away from me. All I can do is love my other dog as much as I can, because they can be taken away from you just like that. It's so damn rotten. I can't go on typing.

So long, Whitney. You were a good girl. I'm going to miss you. I just had a big piece of my heart ripped out.

R.I.P. 2003-2006

I wish I believed in heaven so I could imagine you running around up there. They say all dogs go to heaven. I hope that's true at least.

Run free, little girl!

Last edited by cochrane on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:13 am 
Staff
Staff

Yeah, I know the pain. My dog, Leda, had mysterious health problems just two and a half months ago. I could tell you the story, but that'd be to long. It turns out she somehow got himoledic anemia, a blood disorder where the white blood cells go crazy and attack the red blood cells.

She almost died. It was horrible. It's really sad when your dog dies :(.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:24 am 
Staff
Staff

Thanks, nuckles. I have to go shut down. I know I'm going to be a zombie for awhile.

Run free, little girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:25 am 
Staff
Staff

I'm sorry about your loss cochrane, I myself am an animal lover and lost my pet cockatiel, Baby, 2 years ago. We had her for 15 years and she was one of the family.
I believe in heaven and I also believe that animals have souls that cross over with us...I honestly believe ur dog is up there running around free, chasing around the pigeons.

I'm sorry once again cochrane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sorry to hear that cochrane :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:23 am 
Frequent Regular
Frequent Regular

sorry to hear about what happened to your friend... I had a parakeet that I loved when i was a kid. it was trained and it was my friend. he was so happy one morning before i left for school and before i left the house he just died all of a sudden. i was devestated and it took me a while to get over my grief. it is o.k. to feel about your pets like that because they are family also. as respect to this thread and to you cochrane i will not post with my usual twisted smilie. and even though i no longer attend church i do believe in heaven also. you will see your dog again. have faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:10 pm 
Staff
Staff

Thanks for your wishes, everybody, it's great to have people who sympathize. I wish I could say I had faith right now. I had faith my dog would live for 11 or 12 years, but it didn't happen. The house seems so empty, my other dog is confused. But she's coming to me for attention, so it lessens the pain just a little. She seems to know I need her right now and I think she needs the extra attention she's getting. It's like losing a relative. I feel like I've been kneed in the crotch. I've been through this before, but this time hurts worse than all the others. If dogs are like kids, Whitney was the gifted kid who always seems a little smarter than the rest. She was easily as smart as a human child. She was so inquisitive. Her tail curled over her back and looked like she was waving a question mark around in the air. I'm still bawling and working through this. I'm not going to try and replace her, it wouldn't be right. I'll just keep the one dog and give her a good life, then think about another dog when the time comes.

Run free, little girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry for you loss, Cochrane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:11 pm 
Staff
Staff

I got a couple of sympathy cards from Whitney's vets, both the emergency vet I rushed her to and her regular vet. And of course that set the tears flowing again.

Beloved she was. Gentle she was. Missed she shall be. My other dog, Daisy keeps looking around like she knows something's not right, almost as if she expects Whitney to walk in the room any minute now. I'm glad she can't comprehend the meaning of death, only noticing Whitney's absence and not the reason for it. I've lost dogs before. I can remember all my previous dogs without the sadness, only remembering happier times. I know I'll one day think about Whitney without crying. I'm glad I found some sympathetic ears here. I know there are other places I could have posted this where people would say nonsense like O RLY? and ONONE CARES! Thanks everybody for helping me work through this.

Run free, little girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:31 pm 
Staff
Staff

Edited the thread title. The bitterness is fading. I don't want to remember Whitney with bitterness, only joy. She was a joyous dog, and brought great joy into my life. The best times were when I sat at my computer and she would come and jump up with her front paws over my leg. I'd stop, raise her on her hind legs with her paws on my shoulders and hug her for several minutes and she would soak up all the love.

Yeah, I know. I should start a blog. :lolol:

Run free, little girl!